[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
GunAddicts.com - Member Forums • View topic - Re: Listing Service Rules and Policies

Re: Listing Service Rules and Policies

Please review our listing service rules and policies.

Postby silverado2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 pm

I cannot seem to find in your service rules and policies how a transaction is actually completed. if you are not allowed to provide contact information how is the item actually obtained by the buyer? Although I am happy this site has been established navigatiing through it is quite difficult.

I simply woudl like to know what the process is after you have purchased an item. that is how is payment sent and item recieved?

thanks
silverado2

Postby humble » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:40 am

silverado2 wrote:I cannot seem to find in your service rules and policies how a transaction is actually completed. if you are not allowed to provide contact information how is the item actually obtained by the buyer? Although I am happy this site has been established navigatiing through it is quite difficult.

I simply woudl like to know what the process is after you have purchased an item. that is how is payment sent and item recieved?

thanks

Suggested Transaction procedure:

1) Buyer wins auction or listing
2) Seller contacts buyer through a messages and requests an email address for further communication
3) Seller then emails the buyer and requests:
-payment and includes instructions (ie. money order, cash, EMT, certified cheque)
-required shipping information such as Name, Address, Phone number
-required transfer information such as PAL # (for firearms)
3) Buyer sends the information [would be a good idea for Buyer to request Sellers real name and contact information]
4) Payment is received by the Seller
5) For firearms, transfer must take place through the RCMP
6) Item is then mailed/delivered/sent/dropped-off in accordance with shipping regulations.
humble

Postby SupportTeam » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm

The software we designed running our site is designed to facilitate the listing and sale of the item. Listings will update dynamically with further options based on if the listing expires, or is sold or unsold, etc.. For example once a listing is sold, it will be updated with prompts for both the buyer and the seller to contact each other to make further arrangements, as well new menu options will appear to allow the buyer and seller to exchange feedback. This keeps use of our site extremely simple, because information only appears when it needs to.

Please see this post for information on completing a transaction:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8

Thank you,
- SupportTeam
SupportTeam

Return to Rules & Policies